Universis Technology Ltd is a small studio based in Dundee, Scotland that develops education apps for PC, Mac and mobile devices and provides technical services and consultancy to a variety of clients. It has previously been nominated for a BAFTA Scotland “Best Interactive Media” for Dinosaur Chess.
July 2013: Dinosaur Chess 2.0 released for iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch!
- 8 new Chess Tactics lessons.
- The ‘Amazing Chess Tactics Machine’ game to practice chess tactics/puzzles.
- Can now play as a Boy Student or as a Girl Student.
- Multi-student support.
- New settings options to lock/unlock lessons and alter computer strength.
- Now as a single universal app optimized for iPad, iPhone (including iPhone 5) and iPod touch.
- Dinosaur Chess is now available for Android in the Google Play store!
- Dinosaur Chess is now available in the Windows 8 App Store!
- Universis Technology sponsors the Dundee Chess Congress.
A fun way for children to learn to play chess.
- 11 bite size interactive lessons
- Over 20 mini games and puzzles
- Play simplified and full chess against dinosaurs
- Entertaining and challenging
- Chess is good for the brain
Sign up to Professor MacDinosaur’s chess class. You will grow from a hatchling fresh from the egg to a huge dinosaur ready to take on the TRex.
The action takes you through different parts of the dinosaur’s world from jungles to forests. Here you learn the chess skills that will help you grow enough to defeat the other dinosaurs in battle.
- For the PC + Apple Mac in English, German, French, Spanish and Russian from Convekta Ltd and Amazon.com.
- iPhone and iPad in iTunes.
- Windows 8 App store.
Reviews of the iPhone + iPad version:
Great! – ★★★★★
This game has gotten my 5 year old interested in chess. Great tutorials that get progressively harder as skills improve.
Great for getting started – ★★★★★
This has been fantastic for my five year old son…using this in addition to a real board and pieces has helped him immensely in understanding each of the pieces, how they move, their strengths and weaknesses…a terrific way to introduce young ones to the game without overwhelming them
awesome! – ★★★★★
Makes learning chess so easy. Love the graphics and characters.
Great learning tool – ★★★★★
I have an adopted 7 year old boy with fetal alcohol syndrome. It is very hard for him to learn to play games. Checkers was very hard for him to learn. I thought that chess would be something that he would have to wait to learn. I bought this app even though there were no reviews. So glad I did! What a great teaching tool! I love the mini games that teach the directions that each piece can move. We play slowly but my son can play chess! I recommend this for anyone who wants to learn the basics of the game. This app is for beginners. Great for kids! Thank you to the developers of this app!
Super! – ★★★★★
Hats off to the developers. A fun program for kids.
Early Numbers: Maths Wizard
Introduce young children to the magic of numbers with the exciting and fun “Early Numbers: Maths Wizard.” It is a Universal App for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
The Maths Wizard conjures up the numbers 0 to 20 from his cauldron, along with magic stars and other animated wizard goodies such as hats, spell books or ghosts. All these elements help children to meet the numbers and learn to recognise and use them.
8 Fun Lessons
The interactive animated lessons for Numbers 1 to 10 cover:
- Meet the numbers
- Drawing numbers.
- Hunting for numbers.
- Counting up to each number using the wizard’s magic stars.
There are even lessons on:
- Number order – forward AND backward.
- Which numbers are bigger and smaller.
- How to Add and Subtract the numbers.
The Big Numbers Lesson for 10 to 20 cover:
Recognising and counting up to each Big Number using the wizard goodies.
At the end of each lesson the wizard awards the child a magic star that will go toward unlocking number games as a reward. The next lesson is then unlocked.
The four exciting and cleverly animated number games give the child practise in recognising the numbers 1 – 10 and knowing which numbers are bigger than others. These games are so much fun the children will go back to them again and again reinforcing their number knowledge each time.
- Block Pile! – Select pairs of numbers before the pile gets too high – you need to be quick!!!.
- Push It! – Push the numbers in to the correct holes using the ice puck, watch out for the magic starts getting in the way!
- Crazy Balls! – The balls are bouncing around and you have to select the ones the wizard asks for, watch out this gets crazier and harder as the game goes on.
- Owl Launch! – Wizard goodies are falling to the ground and you have to select the correct number to launch the wizard’s owl to the right spot to gather them up again. The lager the number the further the Owl will fly.
Universis Technology Ltd is managed by Paul Shafi. Paul is also the Managing Director of Atlantis North Ltd which operate the .gs Top Level Domain and the webmaster for the Government of the Island of South Georgia.